Teaching Presence (OTL301 Post 2)

After reading about teaching presence, I have learned that my Professor actually included all the key ingredients of teaching presence in the activity which I have mentioned in the first post (https://zraja.trubox.ca/2020/06/17/past-experience-otl301-post-1/). He first designed the learning activity, then he acted as the facilitator, ensuring every one must participate in that activity and finally he was also the subject matter expert. Therefore, all the characteristics of the teaching presence were fulfilled in that activity. My views though not changed much but now I can specifically identify that which element or characteristic of teaching presence I have advised to improve in my previous post.

My suggestion, in the first post of this course, to improve my professor’s learning activity actually related to the design element of the teaching presence. After learning about teaching presence, in future, while designing any learning activity I will ascertain to include all three elements of teaching presence. Definitely this lesson on teaching presence has broadened my horizon when it comes to effective teaching.