Past Experience (OTL301 Post 1)

I remember when I was doing MBA from the Texas A & M International, I took an online course on Financial Institutions. One task which was assigned to us by the professor was to read the chapter from the book and post any question on a topic of choice on the discussion forum and then rest of the student needs to answer that question. Even though it turned out to be a lot of discussion but this approach helped students to get answers of some challenging questions. I learned a lot with this activity as students raised up many questions. Key ingredient of this exercise was manifested in the fact that students may have different perspectives about a topic and they can come up with different questions, sometimes very challenging as well. This laid the foundation for healthy debate and open discussion. Not only such discussions were insightful but also helped us to master the key concepts and to think out of box. If I will be replicating this exercise again, I will create groups and ask them to post the questions from every chapter on the forum rather assigning this task at the individual level. This way I will limit the discussion to manageable size so that as an instructor I can also effectively contribute in the discussion.