Interview (OTL301 Post 4)

Post 4 “Interview”
Q1) What entry level course did you teach?
Answer: Human Geography

Q 2) How do you promote community and connection in a continuous entry course?
Answer: I use several strategies to keep a continuous connection with my students. We start with brief 30-minute video introductions posted to blackboard so that we can get peer connections and I can get to know my students as well. Second step is to launch a survey to get their views on the following topics:
• Expectations from the course?
• Whether they are interested in class activities to be synchronous or asynchronous?
• Do they have technology related issues?
• How can I as an instructor facilitate them through a course? Etc.

Q 3) What are your strategies for facilitating the process of critical inquiry, especially those leading to integration and resolution?
Answer: I provide helpful weblinks to my students to facilitate them through this process:
 Institutional sources available from the teaching and learning center
 Library sources
 Free access to turn-it-in for plagiarism checking
In addition to this I allow them to send drafts to me for pre-checking before they make final submissions. I also post sample assignments from previous courses like term papers and research projects. I also post rubrics with the assignment details to guide them through the expectations and how they will be judged/assessed.

Q 4) Digital tools to support the process of critical inquiry in a continuous entry course;
Answer: I have used some new innovative tools to support the process of critical inquiry in my course. These include:
 WeVu: for video presentations
 Padlet: for my discussion forums/blogs
 CanVa for poster making etc.
I, Dr Raja, skimmed through the internet and got the following information about the above mentioned softwares.

• Wevu: The only way to share video privately in classes, teams, workgroups,with time-specific comments for feedback and dialogue. Learners use their phones to record their skills. They upload to share with peers and teachers for pinpoint. It provides time-specific feedback and assessment.
• Padlet: Padlet is an online virtual “bulletin” board, where students and teachers can collaborate, reflect, share links and pictures, in a secure location. Padlet allows users to create a hidden wall with a custom URL. Padlet creators can also moderate posts, remove posts, and manage their board 24/7.
• CanVa: Canva is a graphic design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters and other visual content. It is available on web and mobile.

Q 5) Questions that you have struggled with?
Answer:There have been some difficult inquiries like:
A group member for a particular assignment is not responding.
Why did my class fellow get a better grade for their discussion board comment?
Can you provide extensions for the submissions?